What are my rights as far as someone using my full name in emails soliciting money for his business? Can I email the customers?

Elyria, OH |

Former employer still emailing from my email address:
My ex-employer is still using my name in his emails and blogs. He opened a Google business account and is still using my first/last name with his company name in his emails to over 1200 potential customers so far. I worked for over 5 months for him, and I didn’t want him to use my name at all because I thought I would be known as a spammer. Can he still use my full name in his email/blog if I no longer work for him?

If it is your email account, just change the password. If he is making false claims, you could end up being implicated. Protect yourself. I suggest seeing a local attorney for a consult. One solution may just be a letter from the attorney. If he fails to comply, then the attorney is on hand for a followup request to the courts for a restraining order.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.