What are my rights as a Tenant when I prepaid the Rent for one year and the Landlord won't make any repairs to the home.

Tampa, FL |

The amount paid to Realtor for one year rent (40,780) Soon after we moved in the problems started we sent the landlord over 100 emails but still no resolution now has placed a 3 day notice on the door.

Hire an attorney to bring an action against the Landlord because it appears that he is definitely not living up to his end of the bargain with regard to the Lease. Best of luck.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

If the landlord is neglecting his duties, you can send him an official notice if it is prepared properly and delivered properly.

See a local landlord tenant lawyer or real estate attorney. Take a copy of the written lease agreement. Take a copy of the three-day notice as well.

The landlord-tenant relationship is contractual and governed by statute in Florida. The statute is very complicated and easy for landlords to violate. An attorney can handle your case, and if you win, the landlord may be responsible for your legal fees.

Additionally, landlords must maintain their leaseholds in conditions suitable for human habitation. Failure to do that is a breach of your contract and the landlord's statutory duties to you.

Landlord-tenant topics