What are my rights as a patient who happens to be disabled to receive medical care from a healthcare system of her choice?

Anaheim, CA |

I am 51, disabled female, who has Medicare/Medicaid as her health care insurance. I have been denied access to two large medical groups within the Catholic Health care System. I think I have been discriminated against because of my disabilities. The providers were not the ones to tell me I could no longer be seen by them. It was people within the organization that told me I was not an acceptable patient to be treated by any of the doctors, specialists, or surgeons. These people did not care that I am disabled, suffer from medical issues, etc. These people do not care how hard it is for me to find and retain doctors, specialists, and surgeons who would like to treat me. I prefer receiving care from the Catholic Health System. What are my legal rights?

You have offered nothing in support of your post except mere supposition. I would be willing to bet that Catholic Health Care actually treats people with disabilities the same as yours or similar.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

I agree with Mr. Hudson.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239

We need more facts so we can give you the appropriate advice. Good luck

877-603-8473 - Peter S. Cameron, Esq. 2445 Fifth Ave. #350, San Diego, CA 92101 - Call 24/7 for a FREE CONSULTATION!