What are my rights as a citizen if i feel/know i am being watched but i have done nothing wrong

Asked over 2 years ago - Renton, WA

have video footage of unknown people watching and persuing me...invading my privacy, and taking pictures

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can contact police and report the harrassment. You can attempt to identify your harassers and sue them in civil court.

    Whether your privacy has been invaded will turn on specific facts and evidence you did not post here.

    Many states have laws against invasion of privacy and harrassment, but you must have some facts in order to be successful with a civil suit, or for the state to be successful in a prosecution.

    READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia.... more
Avvo advisor logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 15-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $39 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Advisor span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now