What are my rights? I've been harassed and ignored. Employee agreement says Maryland law is applicable but work in Louisiana??

I have been sexually harassed by colleague A. The lead, direct supervisor B, was not only aware of the harassment from colleague A, but he also was demeaning, sabotaging my work, constant derogatory comments about "typical women" simply because I was trying to do my job which he was preventing. Took it to Manager C, over us but they are "buddies", and did nothing but allow it and ignore me. Colleague D even complained to Manager C. I have made numerous attempts to resolve, been ostracized, prevented from doing my job, and it appears they are trying to set me up. I have texts, documentation, witnesses, etc.; a non-compete; work for a company contracted by state and federal government. I'm left to resign...I need attorney to know my rights.

20814 -

Brandy Ann Peeples

Brandy Ann Peeples

Litigation Lawyer - Frederick, MD

Consult an attorney in your area immediately. By agreement two parties can determine the controlling law for an agreement, so although Maryland law would apply...any action you would bring would likely be in Louisiana state court or a federal court in Louisiana -- with such courts applying Maryland law to the facts of the case.

Stephen Bruce Lebau

Stephen Bruce Lebau

Employment / Labor Attorney - Baltimore, MD

You should consult and meet in person with an attorney near you asap. Consider looking for a lawyer by searching www.nela.org. Also look at www.eeoc.gov for information about sexual harassment.

steve lebau
www.joblaws.net
sl@joblaws.net

Lawrence Roger Holzman

Lawrence Roger Holzman

Litigation Lawyer - Greenbelt, MD

It sounds as if you really need to chat with an attorney right away to make a plan for immediate action. I have handled many difficult cases like this over the years, and I know it can be stressful to take the steps toward legal action, but there are deadlines to meet and you should meet with someone ASAP to make sure you do not miss any deadlines.

Lawrence R. Holzman
The Holzman Law Firm, LLC.
8955-A, Edmonston Road, Greenbelt, Md 20770, (301) 876-4393. lholzman@theholzmanlawfirm.com

Kevin Rindler Madison

Kevin Rindler Madison

Sexual Harassment Attorney - Lakeway, TX

There will need to be a more thorough discussion of the facts but it sure sounds like you have a case. I highly recommend that you contact an EMPLOYMENT LAW or SEXUAL HARASSMENT LAW attorney immediately and set up a free office consultation. Most of these cases are handled on a percentage fee basis and you do not have to pay an hourly fee or any retainer to your attorney. If the attorney obtains a settlement for you, the attorney gets a percentage of the settlement. Call an attorney immediately. You may want to look at attorneys on this website at Avvo to get some names. Good luck!