What are my rights, and what can i do?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Fort Collins, CO

I bought a car from a used dealer and now 2 days later the motor has blown a rod and is no good. the guy at the dealer told me all it needed was new injectors and maybe a few hundred dollars to be in perfect condition. now i have this 4year lease on the car and cant drive it anymore. just want to know if theres anything i can do?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The contract will be controlling. Was the car sold "as is?" Did you have an opportunity to inspect it beforehand? Did you have the opportunity to have a mechanic inspect it? It sounds like the dealer knew that there were problems with the car in advance. Were the problems that they disclosed consistent with the problems that the car had? I would sit down with an attorney and discuss this matter more thoroughly.

    The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,163 answers this week

3,468 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,163 answers this week

3,468 attorneys answering