Skip to main content

What are my rights? Officer investigating the accident never questioned me. I received a ticket based on bad information.

Newark, DE |

Accident was 2/15/13 approx. at 6:30pm, it happened in Elizabethtown, PA. Witness 2 said my headlights were not on after impact. Front of my car is completely smashed in. The officer also took my registration and insurance card without my permission and did not ask me for my ID, he took it from the EMT. There were 4 witness and only 2 in the report. 4 ambulances were dispatched and only 2 in the report. I do not understand the discrepancies in the report. None the documents have my correct name. Every document has different spelling to different arrangement of my name. I need someone explain the law to me. Am I still living in the United States?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You have the right to contest the ticket, consider retaining an attornorney; you have the right to try to speak with the officer, or supervisor; you should report this to your insurer.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


You should contact a local traffic attorney about contesting the ticket.

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


Hire a traffic ticket attorney to fight this for you. It will be money well spent.


You have a right to contest your ticket. I suggest you attend a hearing on your ticket and, if necessary, take ticket defense counsel with you to represent your interests. You should be able to locate someone through your local Yellow Pages.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Retain a local traffic court lawyer to fight it.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer