What are my right's when it comes down to 50/50 joint custody ?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Bernardino, CA

MY X BOYFRIEND AND I BREAK UP AND MAKE UP .WE DONT LIVE TOGETHER . HE DOSE LIVE RIGHT IN FRONT OF. SO WHEN HE WANT'S TO ACT CHILDISH HE DOES'NT RETURN MY KIDS. AND HE ALSO TAKES MY 8 YR OLD AND THATS NOT HIS SON, HE HAS BEEN A FATHER FIGURE TO MY SON SINCE HE WAS 3YRS OLD. SO WE BOTH AGREED TO HAVE ONLY THE CHILD CUSTODY AND VISTITIONS ON PAPER JUST FOR ARE OWN SAFTY. WELL I THE MOTHER FILE 1ST. BUT WE WERE GETING ALONG SO WELL HE MADE ME BELIVE WE WERE A COUPLE. SO WE NEVER FINISH THE PROSSES . NOW THAT I HAD DROP CHILDSUPPORT. AND I ALREADY HAVE A FALON CASE. AND GOT CONVICTED AS A CRIMEAL FOR FRAUD I OWE THE D.A 19,895 BECAUSE OF WALFURE FRAUD MY PAYMENTS ARE 120 MONTH THREW court and work release community serives and P.O and they took all my benfits. after all that i went down hill .

1. Brian A Victor

2

Answered . There are two types of custody in California. Legal custody and physical custody. 50/50 joint physical custody means you have have the child about 50% of the time. It has to do with time share. 50/50 joint legal custody means you each have the same rights to make decisions abut the health, education , and welfare of the child. This has to do with talking to the doctors and teachers you child has as well as making decisions for the child in those related fields. There are a lot more this entails, but this is an overview.

2. Debra Vaniman Crawford

Pro

1

Answered . Joint legal custody involves decisions regarding the health, education, and welfare of the children. This is almost always joint. Physical custody is where the children live. The factors involved in determining which parent should have physical custody are very complicated. You should get some help from an experienced family law lawyer. You may be able to find one that will do a free consultation.

3. Maryam Atighechi

1

Answered . If you never finished the process then you should restart the process and have some kind of order for the both of you. You should consult an attorney