What are my right as it relates to treatment and civil liberaties? How long does the child have to decide what dog bit her?

Asked about 1 year ago - Frederick, MD

I was contacted by my apartment complex regarding a dog bite of a young child, 24 hours after this incident occurred. The child was supposedly nipped by a white dog but no one said anything. The apartment complex looked up everyone that had a white dog and asked them if they knew of this incident. I informed them that I did not know of the incident and my white Maltese dogs did not bite anyone. Animal control was called and had to do a doggy lineup. The officer took pictures of my two dogs and capture images of me as well. The officer showed the images to the victim and the witness and they informed the officer that is was neither me nor my dogs.The officer called me and said that my dogs and I were no longer suspects. Yesterday, I found out the child lives across from me.

1. Brandy Ann Peeples

Pro

5

Answered . I'm not sure you have a question. If the child said it wasn't you or your dogs, then that should be the end of it. I also don't see any violation of your civil liberties here.

2. Jonathan David Marx

Pro

5

Answered . I think you are done with the matter as you and your dogs seem to no longer be a suspect according to your facts.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

4

Answered . It does not appear any rights or civil liberties of yours were violated. Sounds like the child is not seriously injured and you are not implicated.

4. Elizabeth Lorraine Elliott

4

Answered . Although, arguably, improper procedure was followed. On the facts as stated, I do not see that you can make a claim. Lawsuits require proof of two basic elements (1) liability (2) damages. I do not see any damages. Perhaps, you could have a more in depth discussion with a California animal lawyer who makes civil rights violation claims. It is possible that based upon that discussion, the attorney will find enough cause to file a claim.

This is not to be construed as legal advice. I do not have an attorney client relationship with you.

Pro

4

Answered . I'm glad that it was not your dogs, so you can stop worrying about it