What are my options when Child Support Enforcement enters a wrong Income Withholding Order/Notice?

Asked over 1 year ago - Rantoul, IL

I was checking my account on the childsupportillinois.com website and there was a new income withholding served on my employer today, which states my employer should take addition money for "past due" support but doesn't state for how long or until a certain amount is reached. Also, my account says I'm only behind 6 cents in interest (which I was never 30 days or more late anyways). Can I only petition the Court to change the withholding? Or can I petition Child Support Enforcement to change the withholding also?

1. 2

Best Answer

Answered . you should have received a copy of the notice to withhold. read it. it tells you that you have so many days, not a lot, to file a petition to challenge its accuracy. do so and send a copy to the employer.

2. 2

Answered . It seems that the only error is that there is no termination date in the amount withheld for arrears. That is actually fairly typical. You can seek a modification of the order so that your employer knows when to terminate the amount for the arrears but if the interest is only $.06, that part of the order is not worth pursuing. Please seek the services of a lawyer if you cannot handle this yourself. The modified withholding order must go through the court system before it is served on your employer.