Skip to main content

What are my options to punish those who attack me, can i sue or get them arrest?

Elmhurst, NY |

i got my restraining orders for the 3 main people who physically attack me, they been charge for 120.00-1 assault in the 3rd degree & 240.26-1 harassment in the 2nd degree. it happened on Nov 1st, 2012. i know them, we all the same age 20 yrs old. i was jump didnt defend myself, i have a previous serious injury from work i have medical prof i wasnt capable to defend myself. right now i have aggressive thoughts, flashbacks, i cant walk by the place it happened, feel helplessness, very much nervous afraid, hard time concentrating and life doesnt seem so enjoyable anymore.
all i want is for them to pay for what they have done to me thank you.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    You can sue them civilly and also pursue criminal case against them and seek restitution as a crime victim. Speak with the DA about crime victim compensation and speak with local personal injury lawyer about civil suit.

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

  2. Very simply, you may sue civilly for assault and potentially other torts. you may also, file a police report and the prosecutor may pursue the assailant criminally.

    Legal disclaimer: Click on the name or picture of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

  3. Go speak to a psychologist and let the courts handle the criminal case.

    Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

    I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

  4. If they violated the restraining orders, then you should call the police as that is a criminal act and the court will deal with that. As far as a civil suit for assault, that may be possible, you should post that question on the civil litigation section on AVVO.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics