Skip to main content

What are my options legally?

Fort Worth, TX |

I am sole managing conservator of my 2 children. I allowed their mother to have visitation and she moved and disappeared. She was supposed to have them for one week, but she didn't come back and wouldn't tell me where she was. I finally found her and the police forced her to return the children. My court order says visitation as agreed by both parties. I have notified her that I don't trust her and will not agree to visitation unless it is supervised. Am I within my legal rights to do so or do I need to go back to court and have the order revised?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You are within your rights to do that since the order says by agreement. Get ready for her to file a motion to modify. If she does, hire an attorney.

This answer is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice nor forming the attorney client relationship. This attorney is licensed in Texas.


You need to go back to court for a revised order. You can find an attorney in your area to help you by searching the attorney profiles here on Avvo. Good luck!

IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE: Ms. Brown’s response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. All of Ms. Brown’s responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, please contact an attorney in your state. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to contact her directly for a legal consultation, you may do so by calling 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at:

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer