Skip to main content

What are my options if my paycheck bounces.

Spartanburg, SC |

I am recieving my paycheck on the correct day but im being told that I have to wait until the following week to cash it. Sometimes Im being told that I have to wait 10 days. Also 3 times ive deposited my check only to have it bounce. And Im not being paid overtime even though im an hourly employee at a daycare. What are my options and can I have them prosecuted for check fraud

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Your employer is in violation of state wage and hour laws as well as federal wage and hour laws. SC Labor Licensing and Regulation (LLR) has a wage division as well as the Federal Department of Labor wage and hour division. These agencies can give you help in getting your pay check but will not help you receive the extra damages you are owed. I would suggest that you contact a wage and hour attorney. Most firms skilled in this area should handle the case on a contingency fee basis.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics