What are my options if my ex wife violates terms of the divorce agreement she signed?

Asked about 2 years ago - White Haven, PA

Her car was purchased while we were married - the loan and car are both in my name. She agreed to maintain payments on the car after the divorce. She recently moved out of state and left the car at my house and refuses to make payments. What can I do?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Christopher Barrett Fay

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can file a motion to find her in contempt for violating the agreement. Seek enforcement of the property settlement agreement including requiring her to transfer the loan and title to her name, or otherwise sell the vehicle.

    You should consult with an attorney about how to protect your rights in this situation.

    Good luck,

    The Law Office of Christopher Barrett Fay, 1325 Spruce St., Philadelphia, PA 19107, chris@cfaylaw.com, (267)... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,246 answers this week

2,927 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,246 answers this week

2,927 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary