What are my options if I feel like I am being bullied/intimidated by 2 managers (one of which isn't my manager)?

Mesquite, TX |

I notified my HR advisor 3 weeks ago that I felt like my manager was double teaming me and trying to intimidate me by bringing another manager into my office each and every time he comes into my office to even say hello to me. Hr advisor told me he didn't believe so. 2 weeks later I am in his office for a "counseling session" about an e-mail I was supposedly rude in, but I was not rude or disrespectful in the e-mail, but the person that responded was EXT REMELY rude and disrespectful to me, and nothing happend to her and it was excused as she felt she was being "attacked" yet she wasn't the person the e-mail was sent to, and I didn't not correspond with her at all. I sent what she sent back to me to my manager and let him know it was rude and disrespectful of her. have e-mail to send.

This doesn't appear to be sexual harassment but more like bullying tactics. In Texas, normally being a jerk as a supervisor does not give rise to a cause of action. In some rare instances, bullying tactics can rise to harassment and even if outrageous enough, give rise to a cause of action called Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress. Sometimes, the best solution may not be a legal one. Sometimes, it means changing jobs. Please visit my website and you can learn more about potential tort claims at www.kevinmadison.com. If things get worse you might want to set up an appointment with an employment law attorney. Good luck, my friend.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

The law does not operate to resolve every individual dispute that can happen in the workplace. Nothing that you have described in your post gives you any legal rights to act against your employer or either of the managers. They are in charge. Right or wrong, whether you think they know what they are doing or not, it is managers' views and conclusions that rule. You need to get OK with that, or else perhaps think about starting your own business where you will be working for the one person whose judgment you can always accept.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Kevin Rindler Madison

Kevin Rindler Madison

This doesn't appear to be sexual harassment but more like bullying tactics. In Texas, normally being a jerk as a supervisor does not give rise to a cause of action. In some rare instances, bullying tactics can rise to harassment and even if outrageous enough, give rise to a cause of action called Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress.