What are my options for reopening my denied F1 application?

Asked over 1 year ago - Grand Rapids, MI

My Change of status from H4 to F1 got denied. I had received a RFE. Reason for denial being RFE documents not received in the stipulated timeframe. I had sent the documents within a week of the RFE which USPS did not deliver. I do not have proof in terms of tracking number or anything similar that establishes that I had sent the documents. The notice that I received from USCIS states that I need mailing proof to file a PTR. Do I have any options here? I am out of status now and in all likelyhood will miss a semester if this is not resolved. Please advise. Thank you.

1. Bindi Chintan Parikh

2

Answered . File a new petition and try to consular process from your home consulate if you can. That'll probably be faster than trying to change your status in the US

Bindi Parikh
    Attorney at law
    bindi@path2immigration.com

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Go home and apply for an F-1 visa stamp there.

3. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

1

Answered . You may apply for an F-1 visa directly with the US Embassy or Consulate in your home country.