What are my immigration benefits as a military member spouse?

Dallas, TX |

hello there,
My husband is a green card holder through SIV and he is going to join the US army , he applied an I-130 for me do I have any immigration benefits as a military member spouse , that makes my case faster ? how long it may take for me to reunite him?
thank you

You may be able to expedite processing. The same laws still apply.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC
www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

you do not tell us your status here and your husband is only an LPR right now. You probably will need to wait until he naturalizes (which can be expedited as a member of the military) and then you would be able to adjust

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

No. Your priority date must be current or he must become a US citizen in order for you to be able to immigrate.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.