What are my damages? insurance...

Asked almost 2 years ago - Boca Raton, FL

broker sent insurance certificates to my customers showing an unlicenced PEO as insured.
Been paying premuims for worthless insurance & My customers are refusing to pay me!

1. Joshua Eli Adams

1

1

Answered . Your obvious damages are the premiums you paid for insurance which you did not receive. Hopefully there are no claims. If there are, your damages include the amount of the claims which are now uncovered because of your reliance on the insurance co. If you lose customers over this, those may be included in your damages. If it's just minimal premiums, you could try to just get them to pay you back. I recommend a lawyer ASAP.

2. Guy Scott DiMartino

Answered . I agree with attorney Adams. You should retain an attorney ASAP. You may also want to pursue this matter administratively with the FDFS (f/k/a Dept of Ins). http://www.myfloridacfo.com/Division/Consumers/...

Good Luck.

This response is for education purposes only and does not imply an attorney/client relationship.

This information is for educational purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  3. Howard Robert Roitman

Pro

Answered . This is avery complicated question. You really should a speak with a lawyer who does business and insurance work.