What are my custody/ visitation rights as a non custodial parent who is paying child support for my kids in Washington state?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Hattiesburg, MS

I am paying child support for my kids who live moved to Washington state but have not seen them since the move due to the unsettling relationship with their mother. I don't have a address to send anything nor am I able to talk to them on a regular bases. What are my rights seeing that I am helping provide for them, but not being allowed to see them?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Dustin N Thomas


    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . If you were divorced in Mississippi, the Court still hs jurisdiction over these issues. You do not say how long it has been since the move but look at your divorce judgment and there should be a provision in it that requires each party to report any change of address to you and the Court, see if she has filed her new addres with the Court. There may be issues with the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction And Enforcement Act ("UCCJEA"). You can read about it at a variety of places online but you should seek the advice of counsel, locally first and they will let you know if you need a lawyer in Washington State.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,741 answers this week

2,993 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,741 answers this week

2,993 attorneys answering