What are my chances to be granted political asylum? If my request denied, what shall I do? (I can't enter Syria anymore)

Asked 8 months ago - Rochester, MN

I'm a 25y/o Syrian citizen, I have been arrested in october 2011 by the regimen forces as a political , for 14 days I have been treated in a very bad way.
I have been raised in a religious group that is now (but not during the days I’ve been arrested in) wanted by all security branches in Syria.
The military service in syria is obligatory, and If I returned I will be forced to join the regimen army, since I have end my legal postpone period for the military.
I don't have any evidence for the arrest, I have some pictures for my with the religous group throw different years of my life, I have the military service data showing that I have to be within the fighting forces by now.

1. Guerline Ladouceur-Laurore

Pro

2

Answered . You should consult an immigration attorney privately for a comprehensive evaluation f your situation.

2. Tricia Dwyer

Answered . You should meet with an attorney so she/he can advise you. Full details need to be known. Your attorney should be able to provide you with some statistics as to general percentages for circumstances such as yours. You may have multiple options. We avvo attorneys are available. Tricia Dwyer, Esq.

3. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

1

Answered . You may very well be eligible for asylum but you will need a personal consultation with an immigration attorney to make sure. Also no ethical attorney can guarantee any percentage of success although they may be able to tell you how many similar cases have been recently approved in the relevant jurisdiction. Your issue is far too important for general online guidance. Schedule an appointment with an immigration attorney who does asylum. My office is only about an hour drive from you. Good luck!

4. Gintare Grigaite

1

Answered . Yes, you may be eligible for asylum and even TPS, depending on the date of your entry. For these, you must have an in person consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer. You may qualify for asylum even without all of the documentary evidence.

5. Ichechi Nkesi Alikor

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues, you should contact an experienced Immigration attorney.