What are my chances of reimbursement

Eau Claire, WI |
Filed under: Used cars Car repairs

i bought a used car 2 weeks ago and have already put 1000 dollars into it. i was told by the mechanic that the problem had been ongoing for a long time and that the previous owner had to of known that there were issues with it. i am allowed to sue the dealership for not doing a proper inspection where this problem would have been discovered?

1. Are you allowed to sue--of course. The question is whether you can win on facts (you did not post some crucial facts) combined with the consumer fraud laws in your state.

Recommend you contact a consumer fraud atty. in your locale, or Google your state's Consumer Fraud Division and review the processes and protections that apply to your scenario.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. Addressing your issue does not create an attorney-client relationship and I AM providing you educational information NOT legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

2. Mr. Rafter is correct. Note also that since you folks elected Scott Walker and his cronies, they took one of the best consumer protection laws in the country and gutted it. I hope your recall election helps to turn things back in a consumer's favor, as in WI and across the nation, business friendly really means anti-consumer.

That all said, if you have a warranty or even a service contract you may be able to get some relief, maybe.

Lemon law topics