What are my chances of reimbursement

Asked almost 3 years ago - Eau Claire, WI

i bought a used car 2 weeks ago and have already put 1000 dollars into it. i was told by the mechanic that the problem had been ongoing for a long time and that the previous owner had to of known that there were issues with it. i am allowed to sue the dealership for not doing a proper inspection where this problem would have been discovered?

1. 1

Answered . Are you allowed to sue--of course. The question is whether you can win on facts (you did not post some crucial facts) combined with the consumer fraud laws in your state.

Recommend you contact a consumer fraud atty. in your locale, or Google your state's Consumer Fraud Division and review the processes and protections that apply to your scenario.

2. 1

Answered . Mr. Rafter is correct. Note also that since you folks elected Scott Walker and his cronies, they took one of the best consumer protection laws in the country and gutted it. I hope your recall election helps to turn things back in a consumer's favor, as in WI and across the nation, business friendly really means anti-consumer.

That all said, if you have a warranty or even a service contract you may be able to get some relief, maybe.