What are my chances of getting this approved? My I 130 denied

Orlando, FL |

I was previously married to man that tried to use me for a green card. I never filed aanything with this man. Now my current husband and I are going through the process and they are denying my husband his green card. I am frustrated and don't understand why this is happening when i was honest and up front with everything. What are my chances that my husband will get his green card?

1. What is the reason given for denying your husband?

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

2. I strongly recommend you consult with an immigration lawyer. If there is any reason for the immigration officer to suspect a marriage is fraudulent, then you need a lawyer to help you navigate through that and present the proper evidence to help you.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.

3. You should have an attorney practicing immigration law review the decision with you and from the review a good direction for you to follow can be established.

4. The fact that you were previously married to someone is not grounds for the denial of the petition you filed for your husband. If USCIS feels that your marriage to your current husband is not bona fide then that would be a reason to deny the petition. Likewise, if there is something in your husband's immigration or criminal history which renders him ineligible that could be a reason for a denial as well. In short, from your facts, something doesn't add up.

I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review the case (including the written denial notices), advise you as to the options available, and recommend an appropriate course of action.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.