What are my chances of getting conservortship of my dad if the 3 sibblings disgree and they have no pow and sold all his assets

Asked over 1 year ago - Lancaster, CA

All my sister has is end of life directive and a paper signed by a doctor not notrized saying he needs help with medical and financial. the put him in a home he has some alheimzers but he can answer your questions and is in good health, they sold his personal property, trying to rent out his house, my dad did not sign the listing, my sister took his cars to NV, my brother and sister cleaned out the saftey deposit box and split it, my son heard a phone conversation, and questioned my sister and she ignored him, what are my chances of conservortship??? the estate sale was cash only they have no pow. there is a will and a trust thats only good on both deceased. i really think they are robbing him blind, oh my brother was paying bills in my dad bank account, cash in bank less than mill

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Michael Austin Hackard


    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You need to seek an attorney in the County where your father lives who is familiar with conservatorships. You might petition for the conservatorship and the Court will likely appoint an attorney to represent your father's interests.

    This is a general answer only and you should seek the advice of counsel to address facts specific to your... more
  2. Daniel Mcgraw Little

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . It depends on what is in the best interest of your father. You should seek the services of an experienced conservatorship attorney as soon as possible to protect your father.

    No legal representation exists by virtue of this answer. It is recommended that you contact an attorney directly... more
  3. Donald Joseph Quinn II

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . I think the real question is, can anyone, yourself or perhaps the Public Administrator of Los Angeles County be appointed as your father's Conservator and Guardian to protect both himself and his assets? Retain counsel and ask this question.

    Legal disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted to practice law in the State of... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,520 answers this week

3,004 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,520 answers this week

3,004 attorneys answering