What are my chances if an immigration law is aproved?

Miami, FL |

Came legally in 2000. At the time my dad was a resident. He filed for me late to make adjustment for 245I so i didn't qualify. I received the approval notice 797 later saying that i qualify but i can't adjust my status at the moment. My dad made a mistake with the filling time. What can i expect?
Thanks for your help

Yes, the Senate Bill will help ... let's see what happens after the House takes out their scissors and starts cutting it up.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. We have to wait and see what the new immigration law would look like. Right now we only have a bill passed in the Senate and need a bill to be passed by the House.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

3. I suggest meeting with a practicing immigration attorney in your area without any delay to form a legal strategy for your future. You cannot rely on relatives making filing for you. The mistakes, as you may already know, are too costly.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

4. We'll need to wait and see what happens with the immigration bill.