What are my best options for i-765 potentially received 30 days after DSO filling the recommendation for OPT?

Philadelphia, PA |

DSO recommended me for OPT on the 25th April 2014.
i-765 was only sent on the 22nd April 2014.
Tracking shows that it was delivered on the 24th April 2014.
Noticed from USCIS stating that the application was accepted on the 28th April 2014.

I'm not sure how the 30 days is counted but I'm aware that my application could be past 30 days of filing by DSO. The application is still under initial review but I'm really anxious to get the results in asap as I have only about 35 more days till the 60 days of grace period ends. I've spoken to my school advisor and she recommended that I wait. Should i get a lawyer at this point/is there anything else that could be done?

The first line had a typo. It should read: DSO recommended me for OPT on the 25th March 2014.

If approved, no matter when, you'd be considered in status. If denied & you're beyond 60, you're out of status.

If timely filed you are in status. If denied you are out of status

Recommended articles about Immigration