What are laws in Georgia related yo Cyber Bullying?

Athens, GA |

I was scammed out of over $3k by someone. I put up a website to warn others about her. After a month, I was contacted by a Secret Service agent who said my website was considered "cyber bullying." I can't find any information on laws that I am breaking. Can you advise me on this?

I would normally file a suit in the situation, but she splits time between Arizona and New York and I'm afraid the cost of going after her for the money would cost more than the $3k. The Secret Service agent was indeed real after calling the Secret Service office in Miami to confirm. I just don't understand why they would be involved or how it would constitute as Cyber Bullying. All the laws that I've read show that Cyber Bullying protects minors, not communication between adults. Am I wrong on this?

First of all, I would be suspicious of the Secret Service Agent. That is highly unsusal since you would have to be threatoning someone protected by the secret service for them to care. Secondly, if this person took money from you, why don't you sue them? You are putting yourself in a vulnerable situation by not suing and posting websites. I could tell you the law, but that would take all day. Instead, I will say take down the website, and file a lawsuit. Talk to an attorney for help.

The DiGiulio Law Firm, LLC. Phone: 888-540-4529 Website: www.atl-law.com Atlanta, Marietta, Lawrencevile, Duluth, Alpharetta, Buckhead The above answer is for general information purposes and is offered as a service to the public. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, reviews or other communications, including the above post, should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation or relied upon as a substitute for engaging legal counsel, nor does it constitute advertising or a solicitation. Viewing the general information here, including your receipt or transmission of information hereof does not alone create or constitute an attorney-client relationship or ensure confidentiality. Please contact 770-309-9551 for additional questions or to schedule for your free phone consultation. If this question or answer pertains to bankruptcy, please be advised that we are a federal debt relief agency. One of our areas of practice is to help people file for bankruptcy relief and protection under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.