What are laws in Georgia related yo Cyber Bullying?

Asked over 1 year ago - Athens, GA

I was scammed out of over $3k by someone. I put up a website to warn others about her. After a month, I was contacted by a Secret Service agent who said my website was considered "cyber bullying." I can't find any information on laws that I am breaking. Can you advise me on this?

I would normally file a suit in the situation, but she splits time between Arizona and New York and I'm afraid the cost of going after her for the money would cost more than the $3k. The Secret Service agent was indeed real after calling the Secret Service office in Miami to confirm. I just don't understand why they would be involved or how it would constitute as Cyber Bullying. All the laws that I've read show that Cyber Bullying protects minors, not communication between adults. Am I wrong on this?

1. Ashley Anne Digiulio

Pro

Answered . First of all, I would be suspicious of the Secret Service Agent. That is highly unsusal since you would have to be threatoning someone protected by the secret service for them to care. Secondly, if this person took money from you, why don't you sue them? You are putting yourself in a vulnerable situation by not suing and posting websites. I could tell you the law, but that would take all day. Instead, I will say take down the website, and file a lawsuit. Talk to an attorney for help.