What are grounds for alimony?

Asked about 1 year ago - Jacksonville, FL

Almost 4 yr of marriage, wife in and out of work (due to laziness and calling out) Just lost job again now wants alimony. No children. Been separated 2 months not living together and husband found someone else during that time. She now wants to claim infidelity and get alimony?

1. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

4

Answered . I would recommend you review the Florida statute found in 61.08. I have attached a link for your review.

One of the main components is need of one party versus the ability to pay of the other. Consult with a local attorney to discuss your case fully.

2. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

4

Answered . It is very doubtful that this person would receive any form of alimony.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239
  3. Natalie F Guerra-Valdes

3

Answered . From the facts you have presented, it is not likely that your wife would be granted alimony. For starters, it is a short term marriage. As my colleague stated, alimony is also based on a party's need for it and the other party's ability to pay it. There are many factors that are considered, so I recommend that you speak to a local attorney regarding the details of your case.

4. Paul H Green Jr.

3

Answered . Contact a Jacksonville divorce attorney.

www.familylawjax.com

5. William Charles Rosenfelt

2

Answered . Here is the link for Chapter 61.08 re: alimony.

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)