What are good questions to ask witnesses in child custody case?

Asked over 2 years ago - Pittsboro, NC

what are good questions to ask family, relatives, friends and daycare providers in a child custody case

1. Scott E. Allen

Answered . I assume from your question that you are representing yourself and calling these witnesses to help your case.

What to ask depends on what facts you want each of these people to talk about relevant to the child custody issue. The child custody issue in an initial determination case is: "what is in the best interest of the child?" So the questions need to help the judge address that question. For example, a day care provider could be asked which parent appears to be more involved in transportation, care, etc. of the child.

There is a lot more to it, and I urge you to get a lawyer. If you can't afford a lawyer to go to court with you, then you should at least find one to consult with one to see if you can get any guidance on how to present the case to the district court judge.