What are employment chances?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Suwanee, GA

I am on 3 years probation for felony charge, theft of lost or misplaced property. How long will the conviction be on my record? Hard time finding employment

1. Noah Howard Pines

2

Answered . If you didn't plea as a first offender then the conviction will stay on your record forever.

2. Jessica Ruth Towne

Pro

2

Answered . I answered a similar question on my Atlanta DUI blog (not just about DUI law).

But essentially, you paid good money to a lawyer to represent you in court. You need to ask him or her. That is the person most familiar with your situation.

3. Robert M. Gardner Jr.

Answered . In reading your comment to Mr. Pine, since you plead as a first offender, the conviction is essentially held until you complete your probation. Once you are finished, it will never go down as a felony conviction, and you do not ever have to state that you are a convicted felon. The arrest will show up on a background check, but not a conviction. However, if you do not complete or violate your probation, you can be brought back before the Judge for re-sentencing and revocation of your first offender status, so it is important to keep your nose clean until then.