What are employment chances?

Suwanee, GA |

I am on 3 years probation for felony charge, theft of lost or misplaced property. How long will the conviction be on my record? Hard time finding employment

1. If you didn't plea as a first offender then the conviction will stay on your record forever.

2. I answered a similar question on my Atlanta DUI blog (not just about DUI law).

But essentially, you paid good money to a lawyer to represent you in court. You need to ask him or her. That is the person most familiar with your situation.

I am an attorney. I am not your attorney unless you have signed a written contract with me and given me money. This is information for educational purposes only, and no attorney-client privilege exists.

3. In reading your comment to Mr. Pine, since you plead as a first offender, the conviction is essentially held until you complete your probation. Once you are finished, it will never go down as a felony conviction, and you do not ever have to state that you are a convicted felon. The arrest will show up on a background check, but not a conviction. However, if you do not complete or violate your probation, you can be brought back before the Judge for re-sentencing and revocation of your first offender status, so it is important to keep your nose clean until then.

The above information is general in nature. In order to obtain more specific and legal advice upon which to base your important decisions, please contact our office directly for a free phone or in person consultation. Robert M. Gardner, Jr. Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP hmgrmg@yahoo.com 53 W. Candler St. Or 718 Oak St. Winder, Ga. 30680 Gainesville, Georgia (770) 307-4899 (770) 538-0555 gadebtlaw.com hicksmasseyandgardner.com serving metro Atlanta and all of Northeast Georgia Bankruptcy, Divorce, Personal Injury, Worker’s Compensation, Medical Malpractice, Adoption, Civil and Criminal Litigation