What are employment chances?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Suwanee, GA

I am on 3 years probation for felony charge, theft of lost or misplaced property. How long will the conviction be on my record? Hard time finding employment

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Noah Howard Pines

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you didn't plea as a first offender then the conviction will stay on your record forever.

  2. Jessica Ruth Towne


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I answered a similar question on my Atlanta DUI blog (not just about DUI law).

    But essentially, you paid good money to a lawyer to represent you in court. You need to ask him or her. That is the person most familiar with your situation.

    I am an attorney. I am not your attorney unless you have signed a written contract with me and given me money.... more
  3. Robert M. Gardner Jr.

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . In reading your comment to Mr. Pine, since you plead as a first offender, the conviction is essentially held until you complete your probation. Once you are finished, it will never go down as a felony conviction, and you do not ever have to state that you are a convicted felon. The arrest will show up on a background check, but not a conviction. However, if you do not complete or violate your probation, you can be brought back before the Judge for re-sentencing and revocation of your first offender status, so it is important to keep your nose clean until then.

    The above information is general in nature. In order to obtain more specific and legal advice upon which to base... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,466 answers this week

2,720 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,466 answers this week

2,720 attorneys answering