What are defining factors for landlords' bad faith in reference to violating basic standards of honesty in dealing with others?

El Paso, TX |

The landlord(LL) is trying to sale his home below market value before it goes into foreclosure. A lot of realtors are aggressively persuing the sale. My personally identifiable information was published to a real estate site’s MLS. Stating to contact the tenant. Upon finding out, I requested the LL to have the realtors stop calling &/or showing up to my home unannounced, but to coordinate with him or the property manager first. I was told by the LL that no one else would contact my family or disrupt our right to enjoyment of the property. The LL stated "he would contact the Listing Agent to make the necessary arrangements to show the house. Only he will call you." The LL was not honest with any of our dealings & did not uphold his word on all things mention. Is this considered bad faith?

1. It is certainly bad business! The question is, are you harmed? If so, you can seek damages. If you don't care for the dealings of the Realtor, you can certainly complain to the Texas Real Estate Commission.

Actively practicing law in Texas. Inactive licenses in Arizona and Georgia. All answers are general in nature and no attorney/client relationship exists in this forum.