What are a parent's rights when the other parent violates a parenting plan?

Asked about 6 years ago - Spokane, WA

My boyfriend has custody of his 2 year old son because mom is a drug addict. Mom is allowed visitation but it states in the parenting plan that she is to provide UA's to my boyfriend. She has never provided a UA and we are scared that she might be using when he is with her. What can we do?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Glenn E. Tanner

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . First, carefully examine the exact language in the parenting plan. If it clearly requires the Mother to provide a UA, then ask her to provide it. It would be wisest not to have this conversation in front of the child and it would be smart to ask for it in writing in a way that proves the Mother received the request. If the Mother refuses to provide the UA, and the language of the parenting plan clearly requires her to provde one, then you can move the Court to find her in contempt for failing to follow the parenting plan order.

Related Topics

Mother's rights in child custody

Mother's rights covers the parental rights of the mother. These rights primarily relate to child custody, visitation, and child support.

Parental rights in child custody

Parental rights includes the rights a parent has in regards to his or her children. Mothers, fathers, and unmarried parents are sometimes treated differently.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,884 answers this week

3,442 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,884 answers this week

3,442 attorneys answering