Skip to main content

What aré the reqiurments for a judicial waiver for marriage?

Springfield, IL |

Im 17 years old and just wondering what of the reqiurments for a judicial waiver for marriage

Attorney Answers 3

  1. parent or guardian has not consented to his marriage.
        (b) A marriage license and a marriage certificate form may be issued under this Section only if the court finds that the underaged party is capable of assuming the responsibilities of marriage and the marriage will serve his best interest. Pregnancy alone does not establish that the best interest of the party will be served.
    (Source: P.A. 80-923.)

        (750 ILCS 5/209) (from Ch. 40, par. 209)
        Sec. 209. Solemnization and Registration.)
        (a) A marriage may be solemnized by a judge of a court of record, by a retired judge of a court of record, unless the retired judge wasIf you think you are old enough to get married and assume the responsibilities of a spouse and children then you shuld have been responsible enough to look that information up yourself.

    IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

  2. You can't get a better attorney or answer than Attorney Raddatz. please follow her counsel.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

  3. There is no such thing as a judicial waiver for marriage. If you are asking whether you can marry at 17, please refer to Ms. Raddatz's comprehensive answer.