What amount should I ask for ?

Sonoma, CA |

I need to sue the man that put a sex tape of me on the web without my knowledge and then informed all of the people I know about it. I am pressing charges but I now will have to relocate if I want to hold my head up again. How much is usually awarded if you need to move and leave your job?

Frequently nothing.

Depending on lots of facts you did not post, you MAY or MAY NOT have options.

You really need to see a California attorney to discuss ALL the facts ASAP.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

Internet law topics