What am I facing in a hit and run accident? I was told I hit a tire and would receive a ticket, but I am now going to court.

Asked about 1 year ago - Brooksville, FL

I was at a stop sign and was stopped, I was about to go when a Jeep came around a corner off a busy road, and I hit their tire (that's what I was told), and I drove off thinking nothing was wrong. A State Trooper came to my house saying what had happened and told me all that would happen is I would receive a reduced ticket, I got a "failed to yield at a 4 way stop" and that that would be all I would receive. I got a certified letter saying I was going to court for a hit and run. I am terrified about this because I was in trouble a few years ago, I completed a PTI program and have nothing on my record, I am terrified about losing both my jobs over this and ruining my life.

1. Aaron J. O'Brien

2

Answered . Leaving the scene of a crash is a second degree misdemeanor, which, among other penalties, is punishable up to 60 days in jail.
    Please consult a lawyer about the procedure, the law, the evidence and your options.

2. Clifford M. Miller

Pro

1

Answered . It sounds like you need to see a lawyer who works on traffic infractions and criminal charges.

3. Earl David Maxwell

1

Answered . You need a lawyer that handles criminal law. Suggest you go to a site such as www.lawyers.com and look for a criminal lawyer in your locality

Pro

2

Answered . Spend a couple hundred bucks for a local traffic court lawyer to fight it.