What am I facing in a hit and run accident? I was told I hit a tire and would receive a ticket, but I am now going to court.

Brooksville, FL |

I was at a stop sign and was stopped, I was about to go when a Jeep came around a corner off a busy road, and I hit their tire (that's what I was told), and I drove off thinking nothing was wrong. A State Trooper came to my house saying what had happened and told me all that would happen is I would receive a reduced ticket, I got a "failed to yield at a 4 way stop" and that that would be all I would receive. I got a certified letter saying I was going to court for a hit and run. I am terrified about this because I was in trouble a few years ago, I completed a PTI program and have nothing on my record, I am terrified about losing both my jobs over this and ruining my life.

1. Leaving the scene of a crash is a second degree misdemeanor, which, among other penalties, is punishable up to 60 days in jail.
    Please consult a lawyer about the procedure, the law, the evidence and your options.

2. It sounds like you need to see a lawyer who works on traffic infractions and criminal charges.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me vblawyer@bellsouth.net, or visit my website http://www.millerlawoffices.us

3. You need a lawyer that handles criminal law. Suggest you go to a site such as www.lawyers.com and look for a criminal lawyer in your locality

If this answer has helped you, please mark it as Best or Helpful Answer. This communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

4. Spend a couple hundred bucks for a local traffic court lawyer to fight it.