What agency (or agencies) in GA help people with criminal bkgds (misdemeanors) find jobs? or any suggestions for help...

Asked over 4 years ago - Atlanta, GA

my friend has 2 misdemeanor convictions and is serving weekend jail time, he lost his job due to the arrest and cannot find work due to his background. Contrary to what it seems, he is very responsible and reliable. His first arrest was because of his ex who was a drug abusing mess (he has full custody of their son) and his second arrest was due to an altercation when he confronted someone stealing from his former business that he part owned. He is close to 50 and these are the only 2 times that he has ever been in trouble with the law. He has an excellent work ethic and work history.

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . The subject penalties may be based on a myriad of reasons. Many factors such as age, prosecutor discretion, what judge you have, whether witnesses are credible all matter and that makes it near impossible to say what "the outcome will be."Many people post questions here asking about their chances in court. No one online can validly predict what the future holds.

Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer?"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-...

Online we cannot know what the other details are going on in your case because online we cannot find out those details. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.