What age is not required stepchildren to take US citizenship test in order to become US citizenship if the father is US citizen?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

When I got married her mother, my stepson is 17 and stepdaughter is 10 years of age. When my stepson is 19 and daughter is 12, they both have Green card "Permanent Resident" arrived to US in 2012. Should they waive for taking US citizenship test in order to obtain US citizenship after 3 years living here?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

11

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

1

Answered . If the mother is a US citizen and the kids were under 18 when she obtained the citizenship, then and in that case they are deemed to be US citizens themselves and have to file Form N-600 to obtain a certificate of citizenship, or immediately apply for a US passport.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . The must be under 18 at the time the mother naturalizes.