What after denying I 485 for parents?

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

If the adjustment for parents was denied because I applied too early for it as one month since they enter USA... but they cant go back to their country because they have war over there... and when they entered in the airport they told the officer that we are not coming for visit we are staying till the war end and the officer understood that and gave them 6 month and said they can renew it when its finish or apply for something else like green card or asylum... so what should I do now?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

1

Answered . I agree. You need a personal consultation. Your question is very case specific and requires review of the record. Details matter in these things. You also have 30 days to seek reconsideration which shall be done with an attorney on board.

2. Tracie Lynn Klinke

Pro

1

1

Answered . Whatever you decide to do, you'll want to move quickly. Schedule an appointment with an attorney (and you and your parents all need to go) to talk about the situation and if asylum is appropriate or if there's some other way to stay in the United States.

This general advice does not create an attorney-client relationship.
  3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

1

Answered . Your parents should immediately seek to consult with and hopefully retain a competent immigration attorney specializing in political asylum.

Please also note that obtaining permanent residency through asylum if truly qualified, is more advantageous than obtaining a green card through a USC son or daughter: with the grant of asylum come all kinds of government benefits and (medical, financial) which parents would not have otherwise been able to obtain or qualify for had they obtained their green card to their son's petition.