What advise can you give me for my boy who was missing at school then found 1 hour later?

Asked over 1 year ago - Marysville, WA

I went to fetch my 5 yrs old boy at the school friday, like always, we use to stand outside in front of the classroom's door and wait for the teacher to bring them out,othesr parents were getting their childs, I wait for my son but the teacher told me he was in the bathroom battling to close his zip,and she asked me to come inside the classroom so she can go and call him! She came back without my boy and all the school was alerted and they call the police! And 50 minutes later my boy was found on the street!

1. Daniel E Stowe

1

Best Answer

Answered . First of all, I am sure that this was a terrifying 50 minutes for you but am glad that all ended well. Second, it is extremely difficult to answer your question without knowing more facts. Ultimately, the question is whether the school (or teachers) breached some legal duty owed to you or your son. Perhaps they failed to comply with their own policies and procedures or moving forward new policies should be adopted so this doesn't happen again -- to you, your son, or others.

2. Dave Hawkins

Pro

Answered . This is not really a child custody question, but a question regarding whether the school is properly taking care of your child. You would need to speak to a personal injury attorney to determine if there is some action you may take against the school district.