Skip to main content

What address should I write on the USPS money order in which I'm paying the fees for my I-130 and I-485 forms (1,070 dlls)?

Bronx, NY |

I'm sending my package for Adjustment of Status and visa petition for my Spouse, who is already in the U.S. Both forms I-130 and I-485 are in the same package, so, Now I'm filling the money orders to attach to, as a proof of payment of the fees (1,070) on the USPS money order paper, there is a blank space in which I should write the address, but since USCIS has many addresses, I don't know exactly what should I write down or if I should leave it in blank.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Before you send out the packet, it may be a good idea to have it reviewed by an immigration attorney. If all you have in there is the I130 and I485 you're missing quite a few forms. Also, the filing fee should be 1,490 and you can write down the address that you're sending the packet to.


Why not use the same address as you indicate as your residence address on your USCIS Forms?

The person who posted this question, as well as anyone else who reads this response, should understand that the response is not, and should not be understood as, legal advice. Rather, it is legal information, based on the abbreviated facts presented. Immigration law is very complex, unfortunately, and immigration status adjudications are highly fact-dependent. The reader should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to analyze the facts specific to his/her particular situation to obtain “legal advice”; which this is not. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature and informational only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Use the same address as forms since you are doing concurrent filings. Consult an immigration attorney for a detailed and accurate evaluation of your case.


The exact same address you are addressing all the Forms you are now about to send.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer