What address should I put in the I-130 application if I live overseas?

Asked about 1 year ago - Usa, Mobile, AL

I am a U.S.A. citizen, I am petitioning my husband and child , who all live overseas. I live outside of the U.S.A too. In the I-130 do I write my address for the place where I am living (overseas) or do I need to write an address in U.S.A.? Thank you in advance.

1. F. J. Capriotti III

3

1

Answered . Here's the deal. The visas will not be issued to your husband/child if YOU don't demonstrate that you have, or will soon, relocate to the US.

Thus, NOW is the time to have a US address ... with someone checking the mail for your.

Get your driver's license in the US ... get a job in the US ... .difficult to do????? talk to a lawyer.

2. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

2

1

Answered . The Embassy overseas will only entertain an I-130 filed directly with them if you are presently residing in that country.

3. Sergey Vladimirovich Makarov

Answered . If you do not have the residence in the US - do not file the application.