What action can I take if retaliation on work place my manager has been taking all kind of hostility to make me quick

Dallas, TX |

He take disciplinary action only to me, I have been working for the company for more than 3 years, but because I complain regarding to unethical procedures, and since I start taking paralegal classes at college, he repeat several times I was his best employee, but since I start studying the law it looks very inconvenient for him me working there, he has been suet for ex-employees before, lied about everything, implementing new rules make employees sign paper without date or his signature. I am the only one he harasses, never miss a day at work in three years I only took 3 days sick day ( no pay) if I make just one mistake he wants to write me for nothing when the others employees do not do what they suppose or constantly making huge mistakes, also some employees don't show up for work is ok

Also he is giving me 3 to 4 days off, knowing that I have School and others bills payment I won't be able to with only 3 day working at week, not warning letter or information about the reason why I my hours has been reduced, don't answer the phone if I call him for questions or other matter regarding to situations in the work place, never at the office, and when finally show up can't even talk to him because is on the phone all the time comes and leaves without even getting the change to talk or discuss anything

1. Unless you believe that the retaliation is due to something that is legally protected (complaining about race discrimination, exercising your FMLA rights, joining a union, etc.), you are out of luck. Here is a list of the retaliation laws that are applicable to Texas employees:

http://www.davidcholmeslaw.com/blog/what-are-the-retaliation-laws-in-texas/

If none of those laws apply to you, then you are left with the limited rights of an at-will employee. For a discussion of those rights, see this article:

http://www.davidcholmeslaw.com/blog/what-are-the-rights-of-an-at-will-employee-in-texas/

2. Texas is an employment at will state. Typically, unless an employee has an employment contract, or is employed under a collective bargaining agreement through a union, the employer can modify or terminate the employment at any time with or without cause. If an employer, at any time, decides they no longer want to employ someone, for any non-discriminatory reason, that employee can legally be terminated. However, an employer generally cannot modify or terminate the employment for prohibited discriminatory reasons (such as racial discrimination), or in retaliation for certain protected actions (such as whistle-blowing). The situation you describe does not appear to constitute prohibited discrimination or retaliation.

Your question has been answered as a courtesy. This is not paid legal advice. Nothing in this communication is intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Unless expressly stated otherwise, nothing contained in this message should be construed as a digital or electronic signature, nor is it intended to reflect an intention to make an agreement by electronic means.