What action can i take against someone how sexually harassed me at work? And retaliation for reporting it.

Asked over 4 years ago - Chicago, IL

I'm a bus aide i was sexully harassed by the driver of the school bus.

At the end of my route my driver instead of letting me off the bus went into the park and asked me repeatedly about coming to his house and do sexual things. I asked several times to for him to let me off the bus. This went on for about 20 min. He finally let me off the bus but he came off to and hugged me and asked why was I scared of him. I said i wasn't and asked him to let me go. I reported this and there is an investigation going on. But the bus company acts like I threated someone there.

1. Azwar-Radi M. Rashid

Answered . The federal law prohibiting sexual harassment in the workplace is Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, as amended.The law makes certain employers responsible for preventing and stopping sexual harassment that occurs on the job.

Title VII applies to private and most public employers, labor organizations, employment agencies, and joint employer-union apprenticeship programs with 15 or more employees.
    In addition, there is state-law protection.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.