What action can I take against being accused of being a drunk and substance abuser ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Staten Island, NY

wrongfully accused and children were taken away.have suffered 6 long years and want my sanity back as well as my children.

1. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

6

Answered . If you have some medical and witness support concerning your sobriety, you may wish to contact a family law attorney or legal aid for assistance in having your children placed back into your care.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.
  2. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

6

Answered . I agree with Attorney Lundeen. Use the "Find a Lawyer" tab here on AVVO for a family lawyer in your area.

3. Marco Caviglia

Pro

4

Answered . If the allegations are untrue, then you have a defamation action against him, except that if the only place he made these allegations was in court/court papers, those are not actionable. Tyhpically, though, as far as your family court matter, it is incumbent upon the proponent of that information to offer proof in court, although sometimes in family court it doesn't seem like it. By now, I assume you must have an attorney, so consult with the attorney. If you don't have one, consult one.

Pro

3

Answered . A family law attorney should be retained to resolve this.