What Social Security and SSI clients rights have if they feel they are facing fraud, discrimination, etc.? Is it that fraud?

Asked over 1 year ago - Cleveland, OH

Disability and SSI- I was made promise of payment that Social Security has not kept and changed without even explained to me.

For example, they said I was gonna get a lump sum payment and it would be split in 3 months, with the third month is when I'd get all the rest in full. But that didn't happen. After they issued me a check on the first month, and second month, but the third month was not issue. When I called them, they said that's not true, it's issue every six month wait.

Now, it was supposed to be issue on 10th every 6 month. But they did not. I had to call them to remind them. So it was issued 6 days after due date. Now, this month is the same thing, due date past and I had to call them again. I called and they said OK, but no payment issue yet.

Isn't that a fraud?

1. Clifford Michael Farrell

3

Answered . There is no fraud here. You need to keep contacting SSA or talk to your US representatives or Senators for help gettingpaid.

Back due installments of SSI are paid in 3 installments every 6 months. Back due SSDI - regular Social Security - can be held up to make sure you are not overpaid by SSI, or workers' comp, or to satisfy child support obligations. and, if you call SSA's 1-800 number, you will often get different answers.

Contact your local Social Security office in person and ask for a written exlpanation of what is goingon. Good luck to you!

2. David J. McCormick

1

Answered . Contact your local Legal Aid office and see if they can help you.

3. Robert C. Alston

Answered . Fraud is taking money from you. This is the government. They keep money that isn't theirs all the time. So unfortunately, other than bugging them, not much else you can do.