What Social Security and SSI clients rights have if they feel they are facing fraud, discrimination, etc.? Is it that fraud?

Cleveland, OH |
Filed under: Social security

Disability and SSI- I was made promise of payment that Social Security has not kept and changed without even explained to me.

For example, they said I was gonna get a lump sum payment and it would be split in 3 months, with the third month is when I'd get all the rest in full. But that didn't happen. After they issued me a check on the first month, and second month, but the third month was not issue. When I called them, they said that's not true, it's issue every six month wait.

Now, it was supposed to be issue on 10th every 6 month. But they did not. I had to call them to remind them. So it was issued 6 days after due date. Now, this month is the same thing, due date past and I had to call them again. I called and they said OK, but no payment issue yet.

Isn't that a fraud?

1. Contact your local Legal Aid office and see if they can help you.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

2. Fraud is taking money from you. This is the government. They keep money that isn't theirs all the time. So unfortunately, other than bugging them, not much else you can do.

Actual legal advice can only be provided by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law regarding your question. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice.

3. There is no fraud here. You need to keep contacting SSA or talk to your US representatives or Senators for help gettingpaid.

Back due installments of SSI are paid in 3 installments every 6 months. Back due SSDI - regular Social Security - can be held up to make sure you are not overpaid by SSI, or workers' comp, or to satisfy child support obligations. and, if you call SSA's 1-800 number, you will often get different answers.

Contact your local Social Security office in person and ask for a written exlpanation of what is goingon. Good luck to you!

The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim without first seeking the professional opinion of an attorney. You should consult an attorney who can can ask all the appropriate questions and give legal advice based on the exact facts of your situation. The general information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Social security topics