Skip to main content

What is the procedure to be heard by a Judge for post conviction relief and waiver of LFO's W/ no restitut

Sequim, WA |

I had a jury trial, lost/ convicted of a felony and then appealed with no avail. I was represented by public defenders office . Trial attorney was removed after trial because of a possible conflict of interest. The court assigned a new attorney to advise me of my options. I choose to appeal the case . Then I was handed to another attorney to go for forward with appeal. after all was over I recieved a $6000 bill for my trial and appeal. Now it has climbed to approx $8000 and I cannot pay it, I am unemployed I haven't been able to find full time employment and I can't drive legally to work for myself.

Attorney Answers 1


You need to file a Motion in the Superior Court for your County. The Clerk's Office should be able to provide you with or direct you to where to go to get the paperwork you need to note the matter on the motion docket. You will then need to file your statement on why you are seeking relief and provide a copy of your motion and the accompanying paperwork to the Prosecuting Attorney's office.
You may want to check with your Public Defender's office to see if they can assist you.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics