What I need to wait from USCIS if my case pending and my wife live separate?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pittsburgh, PA

Hello my name is Anton. I need some help what to do and what should I wait. I'm in us since 2005 came by J 1 visa. In 2011 married on us citizen at this time I didn't have legal status, my marriage was by love that time I didn't even think about obtain a legal status, but life without documents difficult. After almost a year our attorney sent application to USCIS for adjust of status and already on march 27 2012 we had an interview at local USCIS office. The interview was fine , but 1 document was missing ( marriage certificate) The IO said us to bring it and after your case will be complete. He was very nice even shake my hand at the end. Our attorney after interview said that we OK and nothing to worry. The marriage certificate was received USCIS on time . I was waiting and waiting NOVE

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Have your lawyer (or even yourself) schedule an INFOPASS appointment at the local USCIS office to investigate.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  2. Stanley P. Walker

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . You should ask your attorney to follow up with the office where your interview occurred about the reasons for the delay inadjudication - or schedule an Infopass appointment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,064 answers this week

2,246 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,064 answers this week

2,246 attorneys answering