What am I supposed to do because the neighbor's dog bite my daughter?

Houston, TX |

The kids were all playing outside In our front yard with their friends. The neighbors' dog went loose and ran to our front yard, tried to get in, and bit my daughter in her chest and shoulders and the neighbors came and took their dog away while my husband rushed my daughter to the ER room.

Dog bites are a legitimate lawsuit-especially if the bite left a scar or permanent injury.
You need to find a personal injury attorney.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Contact a personal injury attorney ASAP. Most personal injury firms offer a FREE initial consultation. Make sure you take photos of the injured area and keep all hosptial related bills and records. My firm takes injury cases all throughout the Houston area and offers FREE initial consultations on all legal issues. I hope your daughter is ok and recovering ok.
Gregg

All responses on this site by this attorney are considered practical & general and does not constitute absolute or final legal advice. It is always best to consult a lawyer in your area on your exact case/claim. Each state has different laws, statutes of limitations and regulations. This lawyer is only licensed in the State of Texas. If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of GREGG S. HARRISON, PLLC, nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Office of GREGG S. HARRISON PLLC. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. GREGG HARRISON. Visit our website at www.greggharrison.com or call 832-797-7600 to discuss your legal issue; We represent injured persons who have been involved in motor vehicle collisions, 18-wheeler/truck wrecks and motorcycle accidents; all types of general negligence and catastrophic injury claims.

As for a claim for damages, there may be a homeowner's insurance in place that would cover medical expenses, future medical expenses, pain, and suffering related to the injury. Unfortunately, many such insurance policies exclude homeowner's coverage. A personal injury attorney will handle the case on a contingency basis and can research the issue and coverage of insurance for you. Many such attorneys will only handle the case if there is insurance coverage for the claim. Good luck with this matter.

This post is nearly identical to a post you put up a little while ago. See my response to that post. Good luck and I hope your daughter is ok.

I am not your lawyer and an answer on AVVO is not intended as legal advice but is provided for general informational purposes only. If you desire legal advice, please consult a lawyer and form an attorney client relationship.

Hello Mr. Wade!!! I enjoyed talking with you last night baby. ;)

Guy Irvin Wade III

Guy Irvin Wade III

Well good evening. Was wondering where you were. I guess you've decided to give up the obvious posts and just fly beneath the radar, huh? Too funny. Haven't been on here too much today but tell me how many other posts by you have i responded to? Just curious.

Well right now, I'm harassing Shawn Haggerty. He says that I'm a lun; he says that he's watching the game like normal people.

Guy Irvin Wade III

Guy Irvin Wade III

Never mind. I misunderstood what you were doing but now I think I get it. Still pretty funny you trolling these things and commenting.

Get a consult with a local injury lawyer. Shouldnt cost you anything tio talk to them, and they will work on a contingency fee.

Retain a personal injury lawyer to go after the homeowner's insurance. The secret to getting maximum compensation is retaining a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you are left with the lion's share of the potential settlement, not your lawyer. Hope this helps.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

I agree with the answering attorneys. You should schedule a consultation with a local personal injury attorney to represent you in your case. I hope you found my response helpful.

My law firm handles dog bite cases and we have had some very good results. The attorneys who have already responded are exactly right. Homeowners insurance of your neighbor will usually pay on these claims. You should retain an attorney who understands the physical trauma as well as mental trauma that an animal attack causes. I am "AV" dated by Martindale Hubbell, which is the highest rating awarded for ethics and competence. I am a former police chief, police investigator, and assistant district attorney. I would be happy to speak with you at no cost and with no obligation to hire me. Visit my Avvo website or my website at www.kevinmadison.com and then call me at 512-708-1650.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

If your neighbor has homeowner's insurance, you can make a claim under that policy, and if you win compensation, most likely only the insurance company would have to pay, and not your neighbor. Dog bite cases often involve serious and permanent injuries, and you owe it to your child, in my opinion, to at least have a qualified attorney look in to the situation.

If you have any more questions, one of our Board Certified Houston injury lawyers would be glad to answer them.

Dog bite cases usually fall under a homeowner's policy. Although I agree with most of the other attorneys responding to your question, the insurance companies do fight the dog bite cases. There are some issues in dog bite cases in Texas that require an attorney who has experience in these type of cases to know what to look out for and the tricks the insurance companies try and use. Contact a local attorney who specializes in personal injury, especially dog bite cases.

Your daughter has a valid personal injury claim against the dog owner which is sometimes covered under the homeowners policy or renters insurance policy. I have experience with Texas Leash Law litigation and have handled several cases of this sort. Call or email me if you would like more information, 713-626-8600, SAR@RandleLaw.com.

Animal law topics