What am I supposed to do because the neighbor's dog bite my daughter?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

The kids were all playing outside In our front yard with their friends. The neighbors' dog went loose and ran to our front yard, tried to get in, and bit my daughter in her chest and shoulders and the neighbors came and took their dog away while my husband rushed my daughter to the ER room.

1. Gregg Samuel Harrison

8

Answered . Contact a personal injury attorney ASAP. Most personal injury firms offer a FREE initial consultation. Make sure you take photos of the injured area and keep all hosptial related bills and records. My firm takes injury cases all throughout the Houston area and offers FREE initial consultations on all legal issues. I hope your daughter is ok and recovering ok.
    Gregg

2. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

8

1

Answered . Dog bites are a legitimate lawsuit-especially if the bite left a scar or permanent injury.
    You need to find a personal injury attorney.

3. Guy Irvin Wade III

6

1

Answered . This post is nearly identical to a post you put up a little while ago. See my response to that post. Good luck and I hope your daughter is ok.

4. David Alan Wolf

8

Answered . As for a claim for damages, there may be a homeowner's insurance in place that would cover medical expenses, future medical expenses, pain, and suffering related to the injury. Unfortunately, many such insurance policies exclude homeowner's coverage. A personal injury attorney will handle the case on a contingency basis and can research the issue and coverage of insurance for you. Many such attorneys will only handle the case if there is insurance coverage for the claim. Good luck with this matter.

5. Robert Bruce Kopelson

Pro

7

Answered . Get a consult with a local injury lawyer. Shouldnt cost you anything tio talk to them, and they will work on a contingency fee.

Pro

7

Answered . Retain a personal injury lawyer to go after the homeowner's insurance. The secret to getting maximum compensation is retaining a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you are left with the lion's share of the potential settlement, not your lawyer. Hope this helps.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  7. Vuk Vujasinovic

Pro

4

Answered . If your neighbor has homeowner's insurance, you can make a claim under that policy, and if you win compensation, most likely only the insurance company would have to pay, and not your neighbor. Dog bite cases often involve serious and permanent injuries, and you owe it to your child, in my opinion, to at least have a qualified attorney look in to the situation.

If you have any more questions, one of our Board Certified Houston injury lawyers would be glad to answer them.

8. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

3

Answered . My law firm handles dog bite cases and we have had some very good results. The attorneys who have already responded are exactly right. Homeowners insurance of your neighbor will usually pay on these claims. You should retain an attorney who understands the physical trauma as well as mental trauma that an animal attack causes. I am "AV" dated by Martindale Hubbell, which is the highest rating awarded for ethics and competence. I am a former police chief, police investigator, and assistant district attorney. I would be happy to speak with you at no cost and with no obligation to hire me. Visit my Avvo website or my website at www.kevinmadison.com and then call me at 512-708-1650.

9. Curtis James Bickers

3

Answered . Dog bite cases usually fall under a homeowner's policy. Although I agree with most of the other attorneys responding to your question, the insurance companies do fight the dog bite cases. There are some issues in dog bite cases in Texas that require an attorney who has experience in these type of cases to know what to look out for and the tricks the insurance companies try and use. Contact a local attorney who specializes in personal injury, especially dog bite cases.

10. Martin Paul Weniz

4

Answered . I agree with the answering attorneys. You should schedule a consultation with a local personal injury attorney to represent you in your case. I hope you found my response helpful.

11. Sarnie A. Randle Jr.

2

Answered . Your daughter has a valid personal injury claim against the dog owner which is sometimes covered under the homeowners policy or renters insurance policy. I have experience with Texas Leash Law litigation and have handled several cases of this sort. Call or email me if you would like more information, 713-626-8600, SAR@RandleLaw.com.