WHAST SHOULD I DO IF I MAKE SOME ERROR ON MY N-400 AFTER FILING ?

Santa Ana, CA |

I WAS ARREST BECAUSE OF VISA EXPIRE MANY YEARS AGO I WENT TO IMMIGRATION CUSTODY AND THEN I GRANTED FOR ASYLUM AT THE COURT .
ON N-400 PART 10 SECTION E QUESTION 28 I SHOULD PUT YES , BUT I PUT NO BECAUSE I DID NOT KNOW MY APPLICATION FOR ASYLUM WAS UNDER THE CATEGORY OF RELIEF OF REMOVAL .. HOW CAN I CORRECT THIS ? AND ARE THIS SITUATION OF ARREST AND 2 WEEKS CUSTODY AND THAT ERROR ON N-400 GONE MAKE MY APPLICATION TO DENY AT INTERVIEW??!!!! ( BY THE WAY I GOT MY FINGER PRINT APPOINTMENT )
PLZ HELP ME WITH THIS I HAVE SO MUCH STEERS ABOUT THAT ...

During your naturalization interview, you can clarify your answer to this question, and provide the information/documents related to your previous arrest, custody, and Immigration Court proceedings. I do not foresee there will be issues with mis-marking this question on the application, especially if you disclose this information during your interview.

See thats why its so important to hire competent immigration counsel before you fill out an immigration form. All these forms carry legal consequences with them and are signed under penalty of perjury. You can advise the officer at the interview about the error but there is no guarantee they will not deny the case for lack of good moral character for failing to properly answer this question.

At the time of your N-400 interview, I would bring any and all documents that you have related to your case in immigration court, and explain truthfully to the officer that you simply made a mistake or misunderstood the question. I would be up front about it and explain that you have a correction to make to your N-400 application.

Legal disclaimer: By answering this question, there is no intention to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. An attorney-client relationship has not been formed. The answer is not intended as anything other than the opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The answer given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.