Were to serve a discovery?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I am wanting to do a discovery, do I serve the defendant, or the attorney on record for the defendant?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Leroy Brenardo Scott


    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . If you are in district or county court, you would serve the request on the attorney of record for the defendant. If you are in small claims court, you might need to ask the court for permission to request discovery. If this is an important case, you should get an attorney to draft the requests for you.

    I hope this information answers your question. If you need more information, simply add a comment or call me. Good... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,490 answers this week

3,218 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,490 answers this week

3,218 attorneys answering