Went to biometrics appointment. Status still reads "Initial Review" for I-821D & I-765 applications I filed. Is it Normal?

Asked over 1 year ago - Des Plaines, IL

Biometrics appointment- November 21st. Under status on USCIS website it says they attempted to send something on November 15th. Until today I still have not been able to find out what that was. It was "undeliverable" and was sent back. Called USCIS and requested that to be re-sent. I signed up fr case updates on the website. And the next day I received an email which read, " We apologize for the inconvenience; however, we do not re-mail receipt notices. Additionally, the biometrics appointment notice need not be re-mailed because biometrics have already been received. In the future, if you change your address please contact customer service at the number provided below."
So is it normal for it to be taking this long after my biometrics appointment? Please help

1. Michael Hugh Carlin

2

Answered . I agree with my colleague. The length of time here is not unusual at all. It is not exactly clear from your message, but it appears that you DID appear for biometrics and that USCIS in fact got your biometrics. Please be sure that USCIS has your correct current address. Good luck to you.

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . As more and more people submit these applications, the backlog is getting longer. It appears that yours is pending, you have done Biometrics, do not worry. This takes time.

3. Laura Mandell

1

Answered . It's not unusual to have to wait several months after having your biometrics taken to hear back from USCIS. Make sure that USCIS has your correct mailing address, as they will mail the approval notice and work permit and/or request for additional evidence to you.